What's the difference between a HMO vs. PPO?   

It's good to have choices when it comes to health insurance. Learn more about the differences between the two plans and how you can choose the type of plan that meets your needs.


Where is my personalized Insurance Benefits Outline?   

This document was emailed to you on Tuesday, October 10 if you didn't receive it, contact  Rosa.

Who is eligible to participate in our benefit plans?   

If you are a full-time, regular District employee or a member of the Board of Directors you may enroll yourself, your spouse or domestic partner, and any dependent children up to age 26 in a medical and/or dental plan. 

What if I want to stay with my current plan(s)? 

 If you do not need to make any enrollment changes, your participation in your currently enrolled benefits will remain the same but at the 2024 rates (as shown on the Individual Insurance Benefits Outline that was emailed to you). Also, remember if you wish to participate in a Flexible Spending Account, you must complete the WageWorks Enrollment Form.

Where do I turn in my completed forms?

All forms must be returned to Human Resources no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 25.

Can I make changes to my benefits during the year?  

Generally, after you make your elections for medical, dental, vision, FSAs, and voluntary life insurance, you can only change them again during open enrollment. However, if you experience a qualifying event during the year, please notify HR as soon as possible.  You may be eligible to change certain benefit plan elections within thirty-one (31) days of the event.  Qualifying events may include marriage, divorce, birth, adoption, or death of a spouse or dependent.  

What is a Health Savings Account (HSA)?

A Health Savings Account is a special tax-advantaged savings account available to people who enrolled in a Consumer Driven Health Plan (CDHP). You must be actively enrolled in a CDHP in order to contribute to your HSA. Once you are no longer enrolled in a CDHP,  you can maintain your HSA and continue to use the money on medical expenses, but you can no longer make contributions to the account.  To learn more about HSA's or a  CDHP, click here.

Need assistance?

Please contact Rosa,  Rosie, or Alex, and we'd be happy to help. 

Need Assistance?

Contact a provider

Roberta Perez
Director of HR/Risk Mgmt
(909) 483-7410

Rosa Lopez
HR Analyst
(909) 483-7416

Rosie Palos
HR Specialist
(909) 483-7497


Alex Hernandez
HR Specialist 
(909) 483-7496