Each year the District adopts an Annual Operating and Capital Improvement Budget through a public budget review and approval process. This process carefully analyzes the District’s capital needs and financial resources so that necessary projects can be prioritized in a fiscally responsible way.
The Capital Project process identifies long-term and short-term capital improvements including fixed assets, land acquisitions, building improvements, reservoirs, wells, pump stations, pipes, machinery, vehicles, and field and office equipment. The selection criteria are based on a variety of methods as follows:
- Field observation;
- Historical maintenance data; and
- As recommended by adopted master plans, other related planning documents, and regulatory requirements.
The District serves to ensure the quality, quantity & reliability of the water supply in a cost effective manner. The Capital Improvement Process has been developed to meet these goals.
For more information of the latest budget & key projects, please refer to the links and descriptions below.
- Fiscal Years 2021 & 2022 Budget
- Wellhead Treatment Plant Project at 19th and Sapphire Streets
- CVWD is currently delivering a project at our property on the northwest corner of 19th and Sapphire Streets. It is a Wellhead Treatment Facility to treat water from three wells in order to increase water production and improve system reliability. Construction began mid-November 2018 and is ongoing.
This rendering is the current DRAFT landscape design which is subject to change.
To view an enlarged rendering click here.
- Reservoir 3A Replacement Project at 19th Street and Baywood Way
- CVWD is currently constructing a new water reservoir to replace an existing reservoir onsite, which has reached the end of its service life. This reservoir is a critical piece of CVWD’s water delivery system. Construction began in November 2020 and is expected to finish Summer 2021.
- Reservoir 3A Time Lapse Video: Click the image below