Tenant Improvements

For the purposes of Cucamonga Valley Water District (CVWD), a tenant improvement (TI) is any alteration of a commercial or industrial facility or structure that involves changes to water and/or sewer plumbing. This specifically includes adding, removing, or relocating sewer drainage fixtures, such as sinks, toilets, drains, drinking fountains, washing machines, etc.


You must submit your construction plans to CVWD for review and approval. The city will not forward your construction plans to CVWD for plan check approval. CVWD is a special water and sewer district that is a completely separate agency from the city. The city does not own the water and sewer systems.

Plumbing Release

CVWD coordinates with the city by issuing a "Plumbing Release" to applicants when the plans are approved. Please be advised that the City Building and Safety Department will not issue their final permits without a CVWD "Plumbing Release" for all commercial construction projects. It is the applicant's responsibility to obtain a CVWD "Plumbing Release" and present it to the city.